Corporate Integrity Agreements
MDS Consultants has the experience and expertise to ensure Skilled Nursing Facilities stay compliant with Medicare Guidelines
Our Corporate Integrity Agreement Services
Is your facility under a Corporate Integrity Agreement and subject to obligations as part of a civil settlement?
In long term care, the purpose of a Corporate Integrity Agreement is to improve the quality of healthcare provided by the affected skilled nursing facility (SNF).
Corporate Integrity Agreements typically require the SNF:
- Hire a compliance officer or appoint a compliance committee
- Develop written standards and policies.
- Implement a Comprehensive Training program or process to ensure compliance.
How MDS Consultants Can Help
MDS Consultants can assist in developing standards, policies and implementing a comprehensive training program for your staff – as well as the processes needed – to ensure compliance in these areas:
- Correct ARD placement in the MDS
- Correct MDS Type
- PDPM Score Validation
- ICD-10 Coding accuracy
- Accurate NTA Capture
- Accurate MDS Data
- Verifying the Nursing Function Score
- Verifying the Therapy Function Score
- Accuracy of Days of Service
- Reviewing and validating Active Diagnoses
- Reviewing and validating accurate physician orders as it relates to therapy services
- Care Plan Documentation requirements associated with skilled therapy services
- Compliance with Therapy Evaluations
Skilled Services Documentation
- Verifying the presence of Skilled Nursing Documentation in compliance
- Reviewing and validating compliance with Physician Certifications
- Evaluation of documentation in the Care Plans substantiating skilled needs.
Complying with a Corporate Integrity Agreement can get complicated.
Let’s have a discussion about the requirements you are under, and how MDS Consultants can help.