- February 2, 2021 - February 11, 2021
7:00 am - 11:00 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: 1-800-768-1880
Online registration begins 90 days before class and ends 5 days prior. Payment must be received upon arrival or before the workshop begins.
Cost is $675 for AANAC Members or $875 for Non-Members. Enrollment and registration is directly with AANAC.
What You’ll Learn
Increase your knowledge of clinical assessment and care planning, completion of the MDS, the regulations surrounding the RAI/MDS process, and managing the PDPM by attending an AANAC Resident Assessment Coordinator-Certified (RAC-CT®) certification workshop. Having the RAC-CT credential behind your name shows you are a knowledgeable and capable MDS professional. RAC-CT certification is the nationally recognized gold-standard in resident assessment in the long-term care nursing profession. By earning this credential, individuals have shown their expertise in skilled nursing facility prospective payment system and minimum data set (MDS 3.0) assessment.
Our Master Teacher – Melanie Tribe-Scott
Melanie has over 20 years of experience in long-term care and has held a variety of positions including CNA, Charge Nurse, Assistant Director of Nursing, MDS Coordinator, and Clinical Reimbursement Specialist. Melanie is passionate about person centered care and resident advocacy and has been a member of AANAC since 2010 and has been RAC-CT® certified since 2011; and is a RAC Master Teacher, a member of AADNS and is a Certified QAPI Professional.
Why Take This Course?
- Understand the six different payment models under the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM), and much more
- Recover reimbursement and avoid overpayment by knowing where to find important MDS data
- Proactively solve quality pitfalls by recognizing the clues reflected in your Quality Measure and Five Star reports
- Uncover unique solutions that honor resident preference by synthesizing MDS, CAA, and care plan data into individualized interventions
- MDS Coding for OBRA and PPS, parts 1 and 2
- OBRA Timing and Scheduling
- Care Area Assessments
- Introduction to Medicare Part A
- Care Planning
- Accurately Assessing Functional Status
- Five-Star Quality Rating System
- Quality Measures
- Managing PDPM in the SNF
- Schedule February 2-4 & 9-11: 12:00pm eastern – 4:00pm eastern – arrive 15 minutes early on the first day
- This workshop will be held virtually
- Handouts are provided electronically
- The RAC-CT 3-day workshop is approved for 22.5 CEs. Your workshop registration includes access to the 10 RAC-CT certification exams. To earn the credential, you must pass the final exams with a score of 80% or higher. You will have 90 days from the date the exams are launched before they expire.
- The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The RAC-CT 3-day workshop is approved for 22.5 CEs. AAPACN works in conjunction with the National Association of Long-Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) to provide nursing home administrators with continuing education credit for any AANAC workshop attended. The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN) is the parent organization to AANAC.
- Cancellation Policy: AAPACN and the Training Partner are not responsible for any fees incurred due to cancellations or postponements. Attendee cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to workshops@AAPACN.org. Registrants who are unable to attend may send a substitute in their place. Cancellations received more than 30 business days prior to the start date of the workshop will receive a full refund. Cancellations received 14-30 business days prior to the start date of the workshop will receive a full refund, minus a $250 processing fee paid to Training Partner. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 13 business days prior to the start date of the workshop except for emergencies or a visit from State Surveyors. No refunds will be issued for cancelations due to weather if the workshop itself is not cancelled.