- February 21, 2023
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
The Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is responsible for the oversight of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). OIG is an independent, objective, oversight agency with dual reporting responsibility to the Secretary of Health and Human Services and to Congress. 76% of the OIG’s oversight for 2022 was on Medicare and Medicaid. Much of their role is to focus on systemic improvements, improved compliance, successful enforcement actions and recovery of misspent funds.
This webinar focuses on current investigations being completed on various issues in the nursing home, the focus of the investigations, the status of the report and potential impact to the RAI system.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1. Describe the OIG work focus
2. Identify 2 – 3 areas of OIG investigations that could impact the RAI system
3. Develop 2-3 areas of improvement needed in areas being reviewed by the OIG and potential corrective actions
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certified Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certified Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- Nurse Assessment Coordinators
- Nurse leaders
- Members of the Interdisciplinary Team
- Schedule: 10:00 am to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed