Nursing Medicare Documentation
- September 6, 2022
11:00 am EDT - 12:30 pm EDT
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Is nursing your documentation enough to justify skilled care and Medicare reimbursement? Are your nursing staff members aware of the required assessments for each medical condition that may lead to skilled care? Lastly, do they know how often to assess and document? With PDPM, there has been a focus on nursing care based on primary and secondary diagnoses. We need an interdisciplinary approach that relies on good assessments and documentation from the nurse.
Attendees of this seminar will learn how to:
1) Plan appropriate assessments for skilled care
2) Understand what items need to be assessed and documented to support various diagnoses
3) Identify regulations surrounding skilled care and reimbursement
4) Anticipate how the documentation justifies care and contributes to accurate PDPM scores
Our Presenter – Jessica Stucin, RN, BSN, LNHA
Jessica has been a Registered Nurse for over 20 years with a focus on long-term care after starting out in a critical care setting. In addition, Jessica has extensive experience as an MDS Coordinator and recently obtained her Nursing Home Administrator License.
Jessica has held various nursing positions such as clinical staff nurse, charge nurse, assistant director of nursing and Director of Nursing. In 2020, she completed her Bachelor’s in Nursing, and completed the Core of Knowledge in Ohio. Jessica’s expertise is in MDS, care planning, survey process, quality measures, risk management, utilization review, clinical reimbursement and case mix.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Anyone wanting to learn more about nursing documentation
- Schedule: 11:00 to 12:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed