MDS 2023 Countdown-Sections J, K, and M
May 23, 2023
10:00 am EDT - 11:30 am EDT
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Section M has minimal changes and updates in the discharge item sets and within the Draft RAI Manual. The pain assessment in section J has new items added to the interview and staff assessment area. Section K, Nutritional Approaches, has new 3-day assessment periods on admission and discharge and will now have four columns instead of two. The Draft RAI has updated intent, coding tips and instructions, definitions, examples, item rationales, and planning for care for the added sections.
Attendees of this seminar will:
1. Identify item changes in sections J, K, and M
2. Discuss changes and updates within the sections per Draft RAI Manual
3. Develop an ongoing plan to prepare for the updates and changes
Our Presenters – Jessica Stucin, RN, BSN, LNHA
Jessica has been a Registered Nurse for over 20 years with a focus on long-term care after starting out in a critical care setting. In addition, Jessica has extensive experience as an MDS Coordinator and recently obtained her Nursing Home Administrator License.
Jessica has held various nursing positions such as clinical staff nurse, charge nurse, assistant director of nursing and Director of Nursing. In 2020, she completed her Bachelor’s in Nursing, and completed the Core of Knowledge in Ohio. Jessica’s expertise is in MDS, care planning, survey process, quality measures, risk management, utilization review, clinical reimbursement and case mix.
Who Is This For?
- MDS / Nurse Assessment Coordinators
- Directors of Nursing
- Members of the interdisciplinary team
- Schedule: 10:00 to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed