- February 14, 2023
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
The definition of immediate jeopardy as defined by CMS in the Core Guidelines for Determining Immediate Jeopardy as “a situation which the provider’s noncompliance with one or more requirements of participation has caused or is likely to cause serious injury, harm, impairment, or death to a resident.”
This webinar discusses immediate jeopardy, review how the guidelines are utilized to make this determination and identifies ways the MDS may be used to refute or support the IJ findings. The discussion on immediate jeopardy also addresses tools that can be utilized to identify and prevent potential IJ situations from occurring.
The webinar presents actual survey cases and demonstrates how the investigations pull information from the RAI process.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1. Understand immediate jeopardy guidelines and how they are utilized by the survey team
2. Identify 2-3 areas where the MDS may be used to support an IJ
3. Demonstrate 2-3 techniques facilities can utilize to monitor for potential IJ situations
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certified Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certified Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- Nurse Assessment Coordinators
- Nurse leaders
- Members of the Interdisciplinary Team
- Schedule: 10:00 am to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed