- March 17, 2021 - March 25, 2021
5:00 am - 9:00 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: 1-800-768-1880
Online registration begins 90 days before class and ends 5 days prior. Payment must be received upon arrival or before the workshop begins.
Cost is $700 for AADNS Members or $950 for Non-Members. Enrollment and registration is directly with AADNS.
What You’ll Learn
Take your leadership and management talents to the next level with a preparatory workshop for AADNS’s Director of Nursing Services-Certified (DNS-CT) certification. Earning this credential validates your expertise, gives you the advantage among your peers, and helps you improve quality, communication, and resident care throughout the facility. You must be a current RN and have the equivalent of two years of full-time long-term or post-acute care experience, with a minimum of one year of experience either as a DNS or relevant nursing leadership experience to qualify.
Meet the challenges of long-term care as they arise with strategies to excel during surveys using tested best-practices. Apply a team approach to quality improvement that honors resident preferences and leverages staff skills. Protect your residents with risk-management plans that adhere to current compliance standards. Prevent burn-out and minimize facility turnover by promoting communication and participation. Comply with human resource regulations, laws, and challenges no matter the situation.
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Why Take This Course?
This three-day workshop will complement your nursing expertise with leadership and management skills to help you discover your true potential. Workshops are taught by individuals who go through rigorous requirements to become Master Teachers and who are experts in the field.
The DNS-CT credential is perfect for directors of nursing services, nursing home administrators, vice presidents of clinical services, and other long-term care professionals with management responsibilities.
- Leadership & Management for the Nurse Leader
- Human Resource Management for the Nurse Leader
- Care Management and Surveillance Systems for the Nurse Leader
- Essential Business Skills for the Nurse Leader
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement for the Nurse Leader
- Survey Readiness 24/7/365 for the Nurse Leader
- Survey Management and Enforcement for the Nurse Leader
- Compliance and Ethics Essentials for the Nurse Leader
- Risk Management for the Nurse Leader
- MDS and Medicare Process Essentials for the Nurse Leader
- March 17-19 and March 23-25
- 9:00am – 1:00pm – eastern – arrive 15 minutes early on the first day
- Handouts are provided electronically
- Your workshop registration includes access to the 10 DNS-CT certification exams. To earn the credential you, must be an RN and pass the final exams with a score of 80% or better. You will have 90 days from the date the exams are launched before they expire.
- The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing AAPACN is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The DNS 3-day prep workshop is approved for 22.5 CEs. AAPACN works in conjunction with the National Association of Long-Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) to provide nursing home administrators with continuing education credit for any AADNS workshop attended. The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN) is the parent organization to AADNS and AANAC.
- Cancellation Policy: AAPACN and the Training Partner are not responsible for any fees incurred due to cancellations or postponements. Attendee cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to workshops@AAPACN.org. Registrants who are unable to attend may send a substitute in their place. Cancellations received more than 30 business days prior to the start date of the workshop will receive a full refund. Cancellations received 14-30 business days prior to the start date of the workshop will receive a full refund, minus a $250 processing fee paid to Training Partner. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 13 business days prior to the start date of the workshop except for emergencies or a visit from State Surveyors. No refunds will be issued for cancelations due to weather if the workshop itself is not cancelled.