Care Plan Updates and Highlight to Date
- April 25, 2023
10:00 am EDT - 11:30 am EDT
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Care Plan implementation, development, and revisions have been top 10 survey deficiencies for several years. Regulations require care plans be unique and person-centered based on the resident’s individual need. A resident’s individualized care plan should present a road map for all members of the interdisciplinary (IDT) to provide care. The entire IDT needs to understand and recognize the regulations behind the care plan process and be competent in developing these plans of care.
This webinar will discuss the current regulatory care plan updates and highlighted changes since the implementation of the guidance changes since the most recent release. Attendees of this seminar will learn to:
1. Identify 2-3 areas of care plan regulation and/or guidance updated with the most recent release of the SOM Appendix PP.
2. Discuss 3-4 survey citations and ways to address.
3. Review 2-3 methods that QAPI team can use to evaluate care plans and reduce risk of deficiencies.
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certified Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certified Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Who Is This For?
- MDS / Nurse Assessment Coordinators
- Directors of Nursing
- Members of the interdisciplinary team
- Schedule: 10:00 to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed