- May 18, 2022
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Section F of the MDS is carried primarily by the Activity Department. Using interviews to improve quality care and patient outcomes is vitally important, regardless of who conducts the interview and addresses pertinent areas of care. Obtaining accurate resident preferences is vital to hearing the resident’s voice and applying this to person-centered care. Does your facility capture this information correctly? An attendee in this class will learn the details underlying the interview and ways to effectively apply it for an improved interdisciplinary approach that will benefit the entire care team!
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Apply guidelines and tips for conducting the daily and activity preferences interviews
- Understand guidelines and tips for coding in Section F
- Describe care area triggers, assessments, and care planning pertaining to activities
- Explain regulations for activity interventions
- Facilitate improvements in quality care with accurate interviews and relevant activities.
Our Presenter – Faith Carini-Graves
Faith has worked in skilled nursing facilities since she first became a nurse in 2012. She quickly became an expert in both RAI guidelines and the everyday functioning of nursing facilities. With MDS Consultants, Faith conducts audits, improves quality measures, trains current and new staff, manages MDS systems, and continues to complete MDS’. Faith is licensed as a RN in New York and South Dakota.
On her time off, Faith enjoys a fast-paced life with her three kids – including twin toddlers! She also enjoys spending time outside, yoga, reading, and painting!
Who Is This For?
- Activity Therapists
- Activity Aides
- Social Workers
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Anyone wanting to learn more about Section F
- Schedule: 11:00 to 12:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed