The Quality-of-Care Snare
- August 3, 2022
11:00 am EDT - 12:30 pm EDT
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Quality of Care (QoC) – F684, is a top 10 deficiency in the nation according to the Quality Certification and Oversite Reports (QCOR)’s survey deficiency citations of 2021. The QoC deficiencies frequently cited relate to:
- not following physician orders,
- lack of care for wounds,
- PICC line care,
- residents with BIMS demonstrating severe cognitive impairment and decision making, and
- not following residents advanced directives to name a few.
The QoC deficiencies can lead to various other citations. The MDS assessments, Care Area Assessments (CAA) and care plan development accuracy have an indirect link to this regulation and the citations that are found. Do you know how to use these processes to meet this important regulation? This webinar will review F684, how the MDS can be utilized as a tool in identifying resident individual care needs, ensuring care interventions, and enhancing the care plan process.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Review F684 Quality of Care
- Understand how the MDS can be utilized in identifying quality of care need
- Identify areas of the RAI process, if inaccurate, could lead to QoC citations.
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Directors of Quality
- Anyone wanting to learn more about QoC and F684
- Schedule: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed