Special Section K
- January 19, 2022
11:00 am EST - 12:30 pm EST
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Is your interdisciplinary team involved in nutritional aspects of care? Do they make resident’s nutrition a priority?
Section K of the MDS is traditionally completed by dietitians. Even though this section of the MDS carries specific nutrition questions, it has implications that stretch to all areas of resident care. Section K may have costly impacts on for PDPM. Developing expertise in Section K will assist your facility in improving many resident and facility measures. Attendees of this webinar will review how to accurately document and code Section K. They will also be able to use Section K to prevent loss of reimbursement and improve resident outcomes.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the RAI guidelines for coding Section K of the MDS
- Discuss care are triggers and Care Area Assessment (CAA) completion
- Review connections between nutrition, quality measures, and regulations
- Describe how Section K can help improve overall patient care
- Understand financial implications of miscoding Section K
Our Presenter – Faith Carini-Graves
Faith has worked in skilled nursing facilities since she first became a nurse in 2012. She quickly became an expert in both RAI guidelines and the everyday functioning of nursing facilities. With MDS Consultants, Faith conducts audits, improves quality measures, trains current and new staff, manages MDS systems, and continues to complete MDS’. Faith is licensed as a RN in New York and South Dakota.
On her time off, Faith enjoys a fast-paced life with her three kids – including twin toddlers! She also enjoys spending time outside, yoga, reading, and painting!
Who Is This For?
- Registered dieticians
- Dietary staff involved in completing nutritional assessments
- MDS Coordinators
- Nursing Directors
- Anyone wanting to learn more about Section K of the MDS
- Schedule: 11:00 to 12:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed