- June 11, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Almost half of skilled nursing facility residents are diagnosed with some form of dementia, with as many as 80% of these residents presenting with challenging behaviors. Regulations and quality measures are in place to discourage unnecessary medication use, but with minimal staff training and concerns for safety, medications are often used as an intervention for these behaviors. This training will give you the skills that you need to be compliant with regulations, reduce risk for penalties, improve quality measures, and improve resident care.
Attendees of this seminar will learn how to:
1) Describe LTC regulations for psychotropic use
2) Discuss Quality Measures affected by psychotropics
3) Recognize adverse effects/risks associated with psychotropic medication use
4) Apply ways to decrease psychotropic med use and incorporate nonpharmacological approaches
5) Identify appropriate online tools and how to access them
Our Presenter – Faith Carini-Graves
Faith has worked in skilled nursing facilities since she first became a nurse in 2012. In seven years, she has developed a familiarity with both RAI guidelines and the everyday functioning of these facilities. With MDS Consultants, Faith applies her expertise to conducting audits, improving quality measures, staff trainings, MDS system management, and MDS completion. Faith is now licensed as a RN in New York and South Dakota. On her time off, Faith enjoys a fast-paced life with her three kids – including twin toddlers. She also enjoys spending time outside, yoga, reading, and painting.
Who Is This For?
- Social Services
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators and
- Anyone wanting to learn more about psychotropic reduction
- Schedule: 2:00 to 3:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed