OIG Work Plan Activities- Could PDPM be impacted directly or indirectly?
February 28, 2023
10:00 am EST - 11:30 am EST
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Skilled nursing facilities Medicare Reimbursement is included in the OIG’s (Office of Inspector General) Work Plan. OIG is investigating Medicare payments made to skilled nursing facilities and if they comply with Medicare requirements. Skilled nursing facilities use the PDPM (Patient Driven Payment Model) developed in 2019 for Medicare Reimbursement.
PDPM payment is determined by six components, five which are case mix adjusted and one that is non- case mix adjusted. The non-case mix adjusted component covers utilization of a SNF’s resources. Will the OIG work plan impact the PDPM payment model used by SNF’s?
Attendees of this seminar will learn how to:
1. Discuss the OIG work plan purpose for auditing SNF’s Medicare Reimbursement
2. Review PDPM payment models used for Medicare reimbursement
3. Identify 2-4 areas of improvement with PDPM accuracy and reimbursement
4. Develop an ongoing process of monitoring accuracy of PDPM coding and compliance with Medicare reimbursement
Our Presenter – Jessica Stucin, RN, BSN, LNHA
Jessica has been a Registered Nurse for over 20 years with a focus on long-term care after starting out in a critical care setting. In addition, Jessica has extensive experience as an MDS Coordinator and recently obtained her Nursing Home Administrator License.
Jessica has held various nursing positions such as clinical staff nurse, charge nurse, assistant director of nursing and Director of Nursing. In 2020, she completed her Bachelor’s in Nursing, and completed the Core of Knowledge in Ohio. Jessica’s expertise is in MDS, care planning, survey process, quality measures, risk management, utilization review, clinical reimbursement and case mix.
Who Is This For?
- MDS / Nurse Assessment Coordinators
- Directors of Nursing
- Members of the interdisciplinary team
- Schedule: 10:00 to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed