Nurse Leaders: Roles and Responsibilities – Live Online Webinar
- June 29, 2021
6:30 am EDT - 8:00 am EDT
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
This program will help new nurse leaders understand the various nursing roles involved in meeting quality of care (QOC) and quality of life (QOL) needs of our elders. The program will explore varying positions that exist in the Nursing Department that need to be understood and woven into each nurse’s knowledge to ensure positive outcomes for the residents. This program will also explore the valuable roles of the RN and LPN in the Long-Term care setting determined based on scope of practice.
Attendees of this seminar will learn how to:
1) Identify regulatory required roles in the Long- Term Care setting that nurses may hold
2) Differentiate RN and LPN roles and develop job descriptions
3) Find and understand Scope of Practice for Nursing positions
4) Understand the role of delegation
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Who Is This For?
- Nurse Managers
- Nurse Supervisors
- Anyone wanting to advance their careers
- Schedule: 10:30 to 12:00 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed