MDS 3.0 Changes Coming October 2022 and 2023. What You Need To Know.
- October 4, 2022
10:00 am EDT - 11:30 am EDT
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
MDS Nurses have consistently expected system changes by the beginning of October each year. Since 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic updates and changes have been on hold. In 2022, changes have been made to MDS 3.0. Revisions are expected in the RAI Manual that will modify the NTA Comorbidity Score Calculation. The NTA areas of point calculation discrepancy was noted in section M of the MDS, CMS fixed the error in January 2021 and released the changes of NTA point discrepancies in an Errata document. Discharge performance in Section GG will have a revision to the 5d PPS assessment regarding the use of dashes for discharge goals. This may result in a payment reduction for your facility related to quality measures per the Data Submission Specifications effective October 2022.
Join us for this webinar which will address the October revisions and provide tips for implementing the changes. CMS has a draft for MDS 3.0 changes effective October 1, 2023, MDS nurses need to be prepared for these upcoming changes.
1) Review the MDS revisions in the RAI manual expected in October 2022
2) Understand the changes to MDS, the impact to the NTA calculation and the scoring points.
3) Identify areas of the Quality measures that will be affected by section GG changes
4) Develop ideas and tips to preparing for implementation of the October 2022 changes
5) Be introduced to upcoming changes projected for October 2023
Our Presenter – Jessica Stucin, RN, BSN, LNHA
Jessica has been a Registered Nurse for over 20 years with a focus on long-term care after starting out in a critical care setting. In addition, Jessica has extensive experience as an MDS Coordinator and recently obtained her Nursing Home Administrator License.
Jessica has held various nursing positions such as clinical staff nurse, charge nurse, assistant director of nursing and Director of Nursing. In 2020, she completed her Bachelor’s in Nursing, and completed the Core of Knowledge in Ohio. Jessica’s expertise is in MDS, care planning, survey process, quality measures, risk management, utilization review, clinical reimbursement and case mix.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Anyone wanting to learn more about nursing documentation
- Schedule: 10:00 to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed