- December 6, 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
What is significant for LTC (Long Term Care) facilities related to the ICD 10 coding updates released in October 2022? CMS has expanded the coding of Dementia to over 80 new diagnoses effective October 2022. The expansion includes the stage, severity, identification of behavior and psychological symptoms of dementia. ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting FY 2023 (October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023) lists the criteria and requirements for coding Dementia. The RAI (Resident Assessment Instrument) process will include the new criteria for Dementia to accurately reflect the resident’s mental, physical, and psychosocial needs.
Attendees of this seminar will learn how to:
1) Identify the new Dementia diagnosis codes
2) Determine the updated requirements for Dementia diagnosis codes
3) Discuss how Dementia is reflected in the RAI process
4) Review the importance of accurately coding Dementia diagnosis
Our Presenter – Jessica Stucin, RN, BSN, LNHA
Jessica has been a Registered Nurse for over 20 years with a focus on long-term care after starting out in a critical care setting. In addition, Jessica has extensive experience as an MDS Coordinator and recently obtained her Nursing Home Administrator License.
Jessica has held various nursing positions such as clinical staff nurse, charge nurse, assistant director of nursing and Director of Nursing. In 2020, she completed her Bachelor’s in Nursing, and completed the Core of Knowledge in Ohio. Jessica’s expertise is in MDS, care planning, survey process, quality measures, risk management, utilization review, clinical reimbursement and case mix.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators and interdisciplinary team
- Social Workers
- Members of the discharge planning IDT
- Schedule: 10:00 to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed