- November 3, 2021
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
The Care Area Assessments (CAAs) are the decision-making process that helps nurses with the analysis needed to develop a clinically relevant, person-centered care plan. One of the biggest complaints about the CAA process is the time to compose a summary or documentation. Attendees will learn how to apply critical thinking in a way that ensures the CAA process make sense. This presentation will provide strategies and tools to make CAA’s less time-consuming.
Attendees of this seminar will learn how to:
1) Review Care Area Assessment (CAA) process and documentation requirements
2) Discuss the role of critical thinking and the CAA
3) Learn how to avoid the software trap
4) Provide strategies and tools to assist with the CAA process
5) Group activity
Our Presenter – Faith Carini-Graves, RN, BSN, RAC-CT
Faith has worked in skilled nursing facilities since she first became a nurse in 2012. She quickly became an expert in both RAI guidelines and the everyday functioning of nursing facilities. With MDS Consultants, Faith conducts audits, improves quality measures, trains current and new staff, manages MDS systems, and contiues to complete minimum data sets. Faith is licensed as a RN in New York and South Dakota. On her time off, Faith enjoys a fast-paced life with her three kids – including twin toddlers. She also enjoys spending time outside, yoga, reading, and painting.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Care Managers, and
- Anyone wanting to learn more about the CAA process
- Schedule: 12:30 to 2:00 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed