- June 11, 2021
8:30 am - 10:00 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
The Care Area Assessments (CAAs) are the decision-making process that helps nurses with the analysis needed to develop a clinically relevant, person-centered care plan. One of the biggest complaints about the CAA process is the time to compose a summary or documentation. Attendees will learn how to apply critical thinking in a way that ensures the CAA process make sense. This presentation will provide strategies and tools to make CAA’s less time-consuming.
Attendees of this seminar will learn how to:
1) Review Care Area Assessment (CAA) process and documentation requirements
2) Discuss the role of critical thinking and the CAA
3) Learn how to avoid the software trap
4) Provide strategies and tools to assist with the CAA process
5) Group activity
Our Master Teacher – Melanie Tribe-Scott
Melanie has over 25 years of experience in long-term care and is our Master Teacher for both the RAC-CT and Advanced courses. She is MDS Consultant’s Director of Education and Marketing and also a Certified QAPI Professional. Melanie has previously consulted for long-term care facilities focused on RAI systems improvements. In addition, she has provided educational programs on topics including PDPM, nursing documentation, MDS coding, and Quality Measures. Melanie is passionate about person-centered care and compliance. She is considered an inspiring team leader with exceptional analytical and communication abilities.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Care Managers, and
- Anyone wanting to learn more about the CAA process
- Schedule: 12:30 to 2:00 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed