Get your Groove on with Activities of Daily Living
- August 24, 2022
11:00 am EDT - 12:30 pm EDT
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Care for Dependent Residents – F677, is a top 10 deficiency in the nation according to the Quality Certification and Oversite Reports (QCOR)’s survey deficiency citations of 2021. This regulation addresses residents who are unable to conduct Activities of Daily Living (ADL) independently and require assistance at various levels. An F677 deficiency can occur for not providing necessary services including:
- lack of assistance provided at meals,
- excessive waiting time to be toileted,
- nail care not provided, and
- toileting plans not followed.
The MDS assesses issues with each resident’s ADL, requires investigation into the cause of the ADL difficulty and based on the results – guides the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) in addressing the ADL issues. Who is ensuring that your facility is grooving with ADL’s? This webinar will review F677, how the MDS can be utilized in addressing ADL needs of the resident and care planning to ensure interventions are implemented and evaluated.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Review F677, ADL Care Provided for Dependent Residents
- Understand how the MDS can be utilized in identifying ADL care needs and developing approaches to address
- Identify areas of the RAI process, if inaccurate, could lead to ADL citations
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Directors of Quality
- Anyone wanting to learn more about ADLs and F677
- Schedule: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed