- November 29, 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
CMS and the OIG continue to look at the discharge process completed by the nursing home with the resident. The focus of the updated Requirements of Participation (RoP) is to determine if a discharge is planned with the resident and/or resident representative (as indicated) or is it unplanned. Does the resident/representative feel pressured or forced to leave by going AMA? Does the discharge appear resident initiated or is it facility initiated? Discharge planning needs to be a safe, well developed interdisciplinary process that needs to include the resident and or the resident representative (as indicated). The resident’s goals for discharge should be established and communicated to the team ensuring a safe plan is developed and followed.
After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Review regulations updates of the RoP effective 10/24/2022 involving discharge
- Determine how the RAI process can assist in developing a discharge plan
- Identify key information to be included in the resident’s plan of care
- Discuss deficiencies being cited related to discharged
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certifed Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Social Workers
- Other members of the discharge IDT
- Schedule: 10:00 am to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed