- October 25, 2022
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Venue: Live Zoom Webinar
Event Phone: (954) MDS-3-ADL
What You’ll Learn
Development and implementation of comprehensive care plans remains in the top ten survey deficiencies for 2022. Does your facility utilize Care Area Assessments (CAAs) as a team? Do your residents or resident representatives provide input on care areas that trigger? CAAs should be the building blocks to investigate a resident’s issues and risks and determine appropriate interventions that support person centered care needs.
This webinar will discuss CAA development, supporting documentation, analysis of findings that may proceed to care person centered care plan development. After attending this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1) Identify the purpose of Care Area Assessments
2) Describe 2-4 steps in completing CAAs
3) Define the resident or resident representatives’ role in CAA development
4) Connect how the CAAs lead to care plan development
Our Master Teachers – Linda J. Winston and Barbara Bates
Linda is our QAPI Certified Master Teacher and has been a nurse with over 30 years, with almost 15 years as a Director of Nursing. Linda has filled many roles in the long-term care setting, including staff nurse, supervising nurse, nurse educator and administration.
Barbara’s is our QAPI Certified Master Teacher. Her 35 year nursing career included 10 years as a Director of Nursing in an upstate NY veterans home and a specialty in psychiatric nursing for psychogeriatrics, as well as extensive experience in nursing administration and facility management.
Who Is This For?
- Directors of Nursing
- MDS Coordinators
- Other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Schedule: 10:00 am to 11:30 pm eastern time
- Access instructions and course materials are emailed